Summer Schools and Work Experience
On top of the work towards destinations, students have signed up to a huge number of university summer schools and have been very busy organising further work experience for themselves.
- 6 students going to SOAS to spend a week studying subjects such as Economics, Politics, Law and Anthropology
- 2 students going to Kings to study Engineering and English Literature
- 1 student going to Edinburgh as part of the Sutton Trust scheme to study Sociology
- 1 student going to Warwick for Law
- 3 students attending the Insight In to Bristol course to study Geography, English and French and Engineering
- 1 student going to St Andrews to study Medicine
- 1 student going to Bath to study Physics
Those students who have already been on these courses have all commented on how useful they have been and how much they have supported their subject choices for university next year.
It has been an amazing opportunity for students to get a real insight in to what university life is like and to see everything from the different courses in each department and what a lecture in their chosen subject is like to what it is like to stay in university accommodation and how it feels to be away from home.
This is invaluable information for students who are in the process of making such important life decisions. As well as summer school opportunities students who have been on university readiness schemes have had opportunities to complete additional work experience this term and have been lucky enough to attend placements at prestigious institutions such as The House of Commons and Erskine Law Chambers.
Again this has allowed student to really cement their plans for their future and will hopefully allow them to shine to prospective universities or employers.